The purpose of the MSBO Technology Committee is:
- To provide a forum for discussion of issues of concern and/or interest to school technology managers and a mechanism for communicating those issues to MSBO and other member groups.
- To provide a mechanism for meeting the professional development needs for MSBO members responsible for managing technology in schools.
- To assist in promoting the efficient use of technology in schools, including creating standards for the management and application of technology.
- To serve as a resource for MSBO in helping all school business personnel understand technology in schools and how to use it properly and efficiently.
Areas of Responsibility
- Planning and conducting meetings of the MSBO Technology Committee.
- Evaluating laws, regulations and practices relative to technology and its use in schools.
- Communicating with state and federal regulators, through and with MSBO, regarding technology-related matters.
- Assisting MSBO in planning professional development activities for technology managers and staff and all school personnel on matters related to technology.
- Other activities as deemed appropriate by the Committee, in collaboration with MSBO.
- Liaison with other organizations that serve school technology managers.
- Serve as a model for policy and procedures in school technology.
David J. Palme, STM
Portland Public Schools
1100 Ionia Rd
Portland, MI 48875-1035
Noon-3:00pm at MSBO (exceptions are noted)
- October 4, 2012 (Rescheduled from September 27, 2012)
- October 30, 2012 (Rescheduled from October 25, 2012)
- November 15, 2012 (Cancelled)
- December 13, 2012 (Rescheduled from December 20, 2012)
- January 24, 2013
- February 28, 2013 (Cancelled)
- March 25, 2013 at 1:00pm (Rescheduled from March 28 & March 25)
- May 30, 2013 (Rescheduled from May 23, 2013)
- June 27, 2013
- September 22, 2011
- December 1, 2011
- January 25, 2012 (rescheduled from January 26)
- February 23, 2012
- Recording of meeting on Blackboard Collaborate
- Advice for implementing the new CIPA requirements
- Comments from Michael Andrews, MDE
- CIPA Policy Primer
- Sample CIPA Policy
- Sample Student Acceptable Use Agreement
- Sample Social Network Policy with Student Participation Acknowledgement Form
- Certificate for Online Behavior