Purpose and Intent
The Michigan School Business Officials offers a $1,500 Stebbins Scholarship to active members of the Association in honor of Mark and Kay Stebbins. This scholarship program encourages and recognizes individuals currently employed in school business who are improving their technical skills and competencies by pursuing a undergraduate degree.
Submit an Application Form to MSBO by January 31, 2017.
To be eligible for the scholarship, you must:
- Be a member of MSBO for at least 36 consecutive months before January 31 of the year in which the application is made.
- Be employed on a full-time basis in a school business position for 36 consecutive months immediately prior to January 31 of the year in which the application is made.
- Be recommended for the scholarship by the chief school administrator or superintendent under whom the applicant has served for the preceding 12 months.
Selection Process and Award
Scholarship awards are determined by the MSBO Board of Directors. Presentation of scholarship awards occurs at the MSBO Annual Conference.
- 2016 — Corinne Toth
- 2015 — Jennie Nelson
- 2014 — Corrinne LaPlante
- 2013 — Pamela Behling, Corinne Toth
- 2012 — Pamela Behling, Shun Smith
- 2011 — None awarded
- 2010 — Loretta Oestrike
- 2009 — Kerry Weishaupt
- 2008 — Jodi DeBaar, Loretta Oestrike
- 2007 — Janell L. Craig, Patti Jo Miller
- 2006 — Cheryl Masar, Debra Mitchell, Polly Myer
- 2005 — Dawn Bennett, Deena Chard, Kimberly Ostrom
- 2004 — Katie Jager, Donna Korzeniewski
- 2003 — Bev Holmes, Dianne Moker
- 2002 — Thomas Seales, Pamela Kihn
- 2001 — Doreen Ostrolenski
- 2000 — Kent Carwright
- 1999 — Cheryl Lynn Nicklas, Thomas W. Seales
- 1998 — Angie McArthur, Marjorie Kress, Denise Robinson
- 1997 — Sheryl A. Quinn, Laureen A. Lewis
- 1996 — Debbie Tremp
- 1995 — Gerald L. Crumpton, Mark F. Deldin, Shelly A. Holliday
- 1993 — Rhonda A. Provoast
- 1992 — Daniel Szymanski, Deanna M. Rowe
- 1991 — Dorothea M. Martinson
- 1990 — Julie Sans Putnam
- 1989 — Marcia Prybyla
- 1988 — Elizabeth A. Duschinski
- 1987 — Patricia A. Belisle