MSBO's Distinguished Service Award was established in 1987 to pay special tribute to exemplary current or former members of MSBO. The recipients of this award will have put forth extraordinary effort, provided unique service, and have accomplishments that will serve as an inspiration and example for others to follow.
Current MSBO members, excluding Board members, may nominate a candidate in any of the membership classifications. No self nominations will be accepted.
Application deadline is January 31, 2017.
To be considered for the Distinguished Service Award, each candidate must:
- Be a current or former member of MSBO for at least 10 years in any member classification.
- Have received one of the Association's professional certifications or comparable recognition of professional achievement.
- Have attained the highest level of professional accomplishments.
- Have demonstrated exemplary volunteer school business association service on a local, state, national or international basis.
- Have high professional integrity and character.
- Not be a current member of the MSBO Board of Directors.
(Individual exceptions to any or all of the above eligibility requirements may be granted by the MSBO Board of Directors under extenuating circumstances.)
Selection will be by the MSBO Board of Directors. The decision shall be determined by a majority vote of the MSBO Board. The Board, at its discretion, can annually select one or more candidates, or no candidate, to receive the Distinguished Service Award.
Conferring of Award
The Distinguished Service Award shall be presented to the recipient(s) during the MSBO Annual Conference.
- 2016 — Anthony A. Suszek
- 2015 — Timothy A. Raymer
- 2014 — Steven Lenar
- 2013 — Sandra Motz
- 2012 — Michael Keast
- 2011 — Robert L. Burgess, Denise L. Robinson
- 2010 — Arthur J. Bolt
- 2009 — Donald Sovey
- 2008 — Robert J. Hennip
- 2007 — Richard A. Montcalm
- 2004 — Eric "Ric" Peterson
- 2003 — John Bowers, Gerald Hunsburger
- 2002 — Edward Gwiadowski
- 2001 — Michael P. Flanagan
- 2000 — Barbara J. Needham
- 1999 — Annie E. Zesinger
- 1997 — Gerald Smith, Julius Tiziani
- 1996 — Wallace B. Piper
- 1995 — Duane V. VanDuzen, Ronald Van Ermen
- 1994 — John P. Hamm, Pearl M. Holforty
- 1993 — Clare Ebersole
- 1992 — Virgil J. Laurain
- 1990 — Frank M. Pichel
- 1989 — Jack D. Oatley, Marajeane Zodtner
- 1987 — C. Robert Muth