MSBO is pleased to make available the Michigan Purchasing Card Consortium led by MSBO, with MASB and MASA as partners, and JPMorgan Chase as the provider for our statewide program. The program is open to all school districts, colleges and universities in the state. Because we are aggregating the "spend" of a large group of schools, the bank offers a rebate.
Summary Information Sheet includes highlights of the purchasing card program and MSBO and JPMorgan Chase contact information on a statewide basis.
An example of the Purchasing Card Program Agreement between the district and the Michigan Purchasing Card Consortium is provided for your reference. This agreement has been reviewed by Thrun Law Firm, P.C. and Clark Hill PLC law firm and will need to be executed by the district. Send two originally-signed copies to MSBO. We will return one copy to you once signed by the Consortium. Before being issued bank documentation (including a board resolution) for a purchasing card program, your respective Chase banker will need to have the underlying credit exposure approved before initiating the implementation. If you do not know your Chase banker, contact Brian Hudson, (269) 342-7857. He will point you in the right direction.
Sample forms, policies, and procedures are provided below. Use them as references when developing policies for your district.
- Sample Board Policy
- Sample Cardholder Agreement I
- Sample Cardholder Agreement II
- Sample Cardholder Agreement III
- Sample Cardholder Agreement IV
- Sample Cardholder Agreement V
- Sample Cardholder Guide
- Sample Cardholder Request Form
- Sample Internal Audit Report
- Sample Policies and Procedures
- Sample Resolution I
- Sample Resolution II
- Training PowerPoint provided by JPMorgan--use to provide training in your district
- Case Study from Traverse City Area Public Schools
- Purchasing Card Spend Benchmarks
- Purchasing Card Manual Sample
Online webinars on JPMorgan Chase's Smart Data Online (SDOL) reporting capabilities are scheduled every other week. Contact Chase representatives Christine Cessante (313) 256-2287, or James Kern, (313) 256-2324, to obtain a flyer for upcoming webinars.